St. Mary Religious Education Office
901 N. Center Avenue
Plano, IL 60545
The goals of the St. Mary Religious Education Program are based on the United States Bishops Pastoral; “To teach as Jesus did.”
To Teach Catholic Doctrine: To share the truths of the Catholic faith through instruction and example.
To Build a Faith Community: To strive to deepen prayer life and build a faith community by encouraging worship with the parish community.
To Inspire Christian Service: To teach an appreciation of the individual gifts and talents that God has given each of us, and our responsibility to share these gifts.
1) Pre-Marital Instruction for preparation for the sacrament of Matrimony
2) Baptismal Instruction for parents and Godparents preparing to baptize a child.
3) Sacramental Preparation for children’s First Reconciliation, Reception of Holy Eucharist, and Confirmation.
5) R.C.I.A. – The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. This program is for those interested in joining the Catholic Church, being baptized, or those baptized Catholics who have not received the Sacraments of Holy Eucharist and Confirmation. Please fill out the form and return to the Parish Office.
6) Adult Confirmation for those in high-school or older who have not received the Sacrament of Confirmation.
7) CCD or the Confraternity of Catholic Doctrine is catechesis for young people from 1st through 8th grades. We believe that it is not enough that youth have opportunities to learn the Gospel message, but have adult companions to journey with them as they integrate the Gospel into their lives. Parents are the first teachers of the faith to their children. Children look to their parents for example. We expect parents to attend Mass every weekend with their family, and to have regular prayer time in the home. The Catechists use their limited time each week to build upon and support the Catholic foundation taught in the home by parents and family.
8) Vacation Bible School is a week-long summer program for the children to have fun making projects and playing games, while learning about their Catholic faith. Parents are encouraged to help with this program!
9) Parish Mission and Retreats are offered throughout the year both in English and in Spanish. There are different topics offered to help parishioners learn more about the Catholic faith and to deepen their own prayer life and bring them to a closer relationship with Jesus Christ.
10) High School Youth Ministry: Our goal in ministering to the teens at St. Mary Parish is to help them build a strong and lasting relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ and with each other. Our Youth Ministry Team plans events and evenings of prayer and worship to help our youth, through their high school years, to increase their love for Jesus and their Catholic faith. We do outreach to the community, as well as going on our yearly pilgrimage to Franciscan University in Steubenville Ohio for the youth conference. Look for us on FaceBook – St. Mary Youth Ministry!
If you would like more information on any of these programs, please contact the Religious Education Office, 630-552-1505 or use the contact form below.